Settled in the Dhauladhar Range of the Himalayas, Beas Kund is an awe-inspiring place. Apart from it, the place has a historical significance that makes it very beautiful. If you are an adventure junkie, who is looking forward to pumping up his adrenaline rush, then go for the Beas Kund Trek.
Beas Kund is one of the easiest and most spectacular treks in Manali. Observe the unspoiled beauty of the valley, which will be a treat for you. Experiencing and discovering nature so vividly is always considered to be enthralling and exciting. So get ready to embark on a thrilling trekking expedition to create some memorable moments. Go through this comprehensive blog to understand why Beas Kund is so popular among trekkers.
Beas Kund Trek Overview
BeasKund Trek Quick Facts
You may have various questions regarding Beas Kund Trek, so here are some quick facts that will help you clear some doubts.
|Beas Kund Trek Distance||16 km|
|Difficulty Level||Easy To Moderate|
|Start Point of the Trek||Old Manali|
|End Point of the Trek||Solang Valley|
|Beas Kund Trekking Duration||4 days|
|Trek Height||12,772 ft|
Also Read: Pin Parvati Trek
Best Time for Beas Kund Trekking
You can trek at any time of the year because it is not a challenging trek. However, mid-May to July-end is the Beas Kund Trek best time for the most enthralling experience. Snow starts to melt, making a clear way for trekkers. Visitors must avoid August and September because of the heavy rainfall.
Some trekkers prefer to trek from mid-September to October-end. The weather is a bit chilly, but it is a decent time for the trek. Pro trekkers choose to attempt trekking in winters as well. The entire trail is covered with snow in winter. The snow around the lake is a magnificent sight to behold. Beginners are not advised to trek during the winters.
Beas Kund Trek Itinerary
After knowing the best time, you must create an itinerary to enjoy your trekking to the fullest. Beaskund Trek in Manali is a great trek with an easy to moderate difficulty level.
Also Read: Kheerganga Trek
Day 1 – Arrive at Old Manali
- Arrive at the campsite in Old Manali, where you will meet your guide.
- Use the day to explore the surrounding areas as trekking starts on Day 2.
- You can visit Jogni Waterfalls, and come back in the evening.
- Sit around the bonfire in the evening and interact with fellow trekkers.
- Enjoy your overnight stay in the riverside camp.
- The sunsets on the campaign site will make your life complete.
Day 2 – Head Towards Solang, and Start a Thrilling Trek to Dhundi
- If you don’t want to miss the charming views of Solang Valley, wake up early in the morning.
- As you know, Beas Kund trek height is 12,772 ft, so have a good breakfast, and get some energy.
- Reach Solang Valley on any public or private vehicle, and start your fun-filled trekking to Dhundi.
- You have to trek through the vast lands of Solang. Capture the majestic view of the Beas River, which is surrounded by lush greenery.
- Make sure to visit Hanuman Tibba for a pleasant experience.
- Enjoy the walk through dense oak and walnut forests, and visit the campsite in the evening.
Day 3 – Dhundi to Beas Kund | Bakarthach to Dhundi
- Start the first leg of the Beaskund trek early in the morning.
- As you will trek, the enchanting vista of snow-capped mountains will not leave you alone. You will witness Indrasan and Deo Tibba on your way.
- Trekkers will feel the fragrance of fir and spruce trees throughout the trail.
- You will reach Beas Kund after trekking a while. The lake available here is the source of the river Beas. An endless expanse of grasslands surrounds the river.
- Observe how various streams join the big main river to become one.
- Take a rest for a while, and capture the unparalleled beauty of nature.
- After that, hike to Bakarthach. This leg of the teak is the toughest one and will take 4 to 5 hours.
- The trek is steep at some parts and gradual at some parts. If you are trekking in the summer, then you will walk through rocks and boulders. However, in winter, you will walk through the snow.
- Rest for a while once you reach the destination, and then trek back to Dhundi.
- Upon completing this exciting trek, refresh yourself at the campsite. Grab some dinner, and go to sleep.
Day 4 – Dhundi to Solang Valley
- It is the last day of the Beas Kund Trek in Manali, where you will hike down to Solang Valley.
- Explore Solang Valley to gather a splendid set of memories.
- You can spend a night at the Valley or head back to Manali as per your plans.
Also Read: Bhrigu Lake Trek
Things to Carry
Some things that are must carry for the hassle-free trekking experience are-
- Thermal inners
- Water bottle
- Warm clothes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Hiking shoes
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Raincoat or windcheater
If you are looking for an easy trek in the Himalayas, then Beas Kund is a perfect option for you. You will witness so many stunning views along the path that make your trekking worthy. With all these Beas Kund trek details, you will have a pleasurable experience.
1. Is Beaskund trek easy?
Yes, this trek difficulty level is Easy To Moderate.
2. Where is Beas Kund located?
Beas Kund is located in Dhauladhar Range in Manali, Himachal Pradesh
3. Can Beas Kund trek be done in one day?
Yes some guides may ask you to do this trek in a day but if this trek is completed in 3 or 4 days then it is more enjoyable and less tiring.