Do you wish to experience the thrill at its best? The Pin Parvati Trek is one of the best choices if you are ready to embark on a challenging journey. Located near Kullu and Manali, it is one of the most beautiful natural passages in Himachal Pradesh.
This trek is a mixed bag of gorgeous passes, picturesque mountains, gradual ascents, and high gradients. The trail is wrapped in the mighty green valleys and lush green forest. However, it is one of the most challenging and enthralling trek trails in the country, but it will take you to heaven. It is situated at a height of 5,319 above sea level. The trek will welcome you with some splendid views that tend to extend as you climb further. Scan through this blog to get all the answers related to Pin Parvati Pass Trek.
Pin Parvati Trek Overview
Pin Parvati Trekking Quick Facts
There are many interesting facts about this thrilling track. Here are some quick facts that every trekker must know.
|Maximum Altitude||17,457 ft|
|Duration||9 Days/8 Night|
|Pin Parvati Trekking Distance||110 km|
|Pin Parvati Trek Difficulty Level||Difficult|
|Start Point of the Trek||Rumsu base camp, Near Manali|
|End Point of the Trek||Kaza|
Also Read: Bhrigu Lake Trek
Best Time for Pin Parvati Trekking Experience
The best time to witness the spellbinding views and make the most of your trekking experience is June to September. The weather around these months is quite favourable for trekking. The snow melts, and you can easily climb up to the peak point. However, you may experience rainfall in Kullu and Manali, but it will be warm and sunny at higher altitudes. You can even trek in the summers but in the daytime. There are chances of snowfall at that time. So the Pin Parvati pass trek best time is Monsoon season.
Pin Parvati Trek Itinerary
The itinerary for this trek generally expands to 8 or 9 days. Make sure to enjoy the spectacular surroundings while trekking. Prepare your itinerary in advance to avoid any kind of trouble during the trek.
Day 1 – Kasol to Kheerganga
- From Kasol, you need to drive to Barshaini, which will take around 45 minutes. It will be the starting line of the trek for you.
- Start your trek from Barshaini, and reach the splendid meadows of Kheerganga. It will be a 3-4 hour trek. Take a rest at the destination while enjoying some delicious food and mesmerising views.
- Ensure to take a dip in the hot springs.
Day 2 – Kheerganga to Tunda Bhuj
- The second day of the Pin Parvati valley trek starts with heading towards Tunda Bhuj to Kheerganga.
- You have to cover 15 km to reach the destination, and you will pass along meadows and pine forests.
- The path is steep, so it will be a slow and gradual walk for you.
- After reaching the destination, lie down under a sky full of stars.
- This starry night is the highlight of the entire trek.
Also Read: Kheerganga Trek
Day 3 – Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kawan
- From Tunda Bhuj, it will take around 6 hours to reach Thakur Kawan.
- The whole trail will pass through lakes, waterfalls, and meadows.
- Relax at the Thakur Kawan for the night.
Day 4 – Thakur Kawan to Ody Thach
- On the fourth day of the Pin Parvati Trek, you have to go to Ody Thach.
- You will pass through a couple of river crossings. These bridges are gigantic and have a stone staircase on one side.
- Be very careful while crossing these bridges or puls. Even guides will be there to assist you.
- After crossing these rivers, you have to walk straight through meadows to reach Ody Thach.
- You will get to witness the Kullu Eiger peak on your arrival.
Day 5 – Ody Thack to Mantalai
- Day 5 of the trek will be very exciting for you because of the flat terrain and breathtaking views.
- On this day, you will pass through River Parvati.
- However, most of the trail will be flat, but you have to climb up a lateral moraine.
- Once you climb the higher altitude, you can gaze at the small rivulets flowing along with the even land.
- Spend a night at the camp at Mantalai Lake, which is a source of the river Parvati. Click some pictures, and collect memories.
Day 6 – Mantalai to Pin Parvati Pass Basecamp
- The sixth day of the Pin Parvati Pass Trek is a challenging one, and you have to start the trek early in the morning.
- You will wade through a couple of rivulets while trekking.
- After that, trekkers need to climb a steep trail, which is not well-marked.
- Take some rest at the base camp after reaching the site.
Day 7 – Pin Parvati Basecamp to Bedu Tanch Through Pin Parvati Pass
- Try to leave the camp early in the morning after checking on the weather conditions.
- Trekkers will completely have to trek on snow, lined with notches, and dotted with rocks.
- After a steep ascent of one hour, you will reach the pass. Spend some time at the Pin Parvati Pass to relax, and then begin to descend through moraine sections and snowfields.
- After crossing one another river, you will reach the campsite. Spend some leisure time here, and have a conversation with fellow trekkers. After that, go to sleep in your tent.
Also Read: Hampta Pass Trek Guide
Day 8 – Bedu Tanch to Tiya
- The Pin Parvati Valley Trek path on day 8 will be gentle for you.
- Enjoy the awe-inspiring views of the beautiful landscapes of Spiti. You will even witness the multi-colored mountains, gorgeous Pin river, and vast open grasslands.
- Trekkers will pass by some shepherd camps and a couple of streams.
Day 9 – Tiya to Mudh to Kaza
- Head towards Mudh Village from Tiya. The village is located at the lowest of a mountain, and it will be a flat road walk for you.
- Spend some time in the village. Have an interaction with locals to experience their customs and traditions.
- After that, take a drive to Kaza.
- From Kaza, come back to Manali.
What are Pin Parvati Pass Trek Essentials?
If you are going for the Pin Parvati Trek, then pack some essentials with you.
- Pack some suitable winter wear as you will cross some snowfields along the trek.
- Your backpack must have a space to carry all your stuff because the trek will be of 9 days.
- Make sure to get high ankle trekking shoes because it is a challenging trek.
- Carry your water bottle, moisturizers, lip balm, some plastic bags, etc.
Ready for an unmatched adrenaline rush? Going for this trek will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you. Ensure to make the most of it.
1. How difficult is Pin Parvati Trek?
it is one of the difficult trek of himalayas, because the distance of this trek is 110 km and a very high altitude (over 17, 000 ft).
2. Is Pin Parvati Trek safe?
It’s an extremely high-risk trek.
3. Where is Pin Parvati pass?
Pin Parvati pass is a mountain pass in Himachal Pradesh.