Have you never trekked before? Well, you should plan it now because Kheerganga Trek is one of the best trek locations in Himachal Pradesh. Climb along the thunderous Parvati River and through majestic grey-green mountains, and find yourself enjoying in the lap of nature. Start from Barshaini, and trek to Kheerganga for picturesque views and cherishable memories.
This amazing trek offers hot springs, snow-capped mountains, serene surroundings, fresh air, crystal clear water, and jaw-dropping views of the Himalayas. This place is truly a heaven on this planet. Imagine enjoying a bowl of sweet corn soup with white sauce pasta at the height of 3000 meters. Sounds interesting, right? Go through this Kheerganga trek guide, and get ready for the memorable trekking experience.
Kheerganga Trek overview
Kheerganga Trekking Quick Facts
Before going on the trek, you must have some questions in your mind. For example, what is the Kheerganga trek distance, what is the difficulty level, what is the price range, etc. Here are some quick facts that will clear all your doubts.
- Location: Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
- Price Range: INR 990 to 1500 per person
- Difficulty Level: Easy to moderate
- Duration: 1 Day
- Kheerganga Trek Distance: 24 KM
- Routes for Trek: Via Nakthan Village, Via Kalga Village, and Via Tosh Village
- Trek Base: Barshaini
- Temperature: In Day: 8°C to 15°C; and Night: 0°C to 3°C
- Kheerganga Trek Best Time: March, April, May, June
Also Read: Hampta Pass Trek Guide
How to Reach Kheerganga?
There are 3 routes from Barshaini to reach Kheerganga, and trekkers can choose their favorite route. These routes are-
1. Through Nakthan Village
If you are looking for the easiest route for your trek, then start from Barshaini. From the bridge, take the left turn, and it goes to Nakthan Village. It is the shortest route, and you will reach Kheerganga in 3-4 hours. On the left side of the Kheerganga Parvati Valley, you will witness the pristine Parvati River. If you are into some photography, then you must take this route.
2. Through Kalga Village
This route is the least popular one because of its surroundings of dense forests. You have to take the right tur from the bridge in Barshaini to go to Kheerganga through this route. Trekkers who want to avoid crowds must go for this route.
3. Through Tosh Village
This route connects to the original route near Nakthan Village. People who are staying in Tosh Village prefer this route for trekking. Through this Kheerganga trek, you will witness the confluence of the Tosh River and Parvati River.
Also Read: Triund Trek 2023
Best Time To Visit Kheerganga
If you are planning for this trek, then it is essential to know the best time to make the most of it. Keeping all the factors in mind, the best time for this trek is September to October and May to June because of the moderate temperature.
The weather will be pleasant, and trekking will be a bit easier. Moreover, the chances of slipperiness will not be there because of the post-monsoon season.
Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
Are you ready to rejuvenate yourself? Reach the Kheerganga trek starting point, which is Barshaini. Hire a cab or take a taxi to Kasol to reach Barshaini. Kheerganga is a 2 days trek and is one of the famous treks. This trek is all about natural hot springs and enchanting views of hills.
Also Read: Shrikhand Mahadev Yatra
Day 1 – Start from Barshaini, and enroute Kheerganga
- From Barshaini, start your trek, and it might take 5-6 hours. In the starting, the path is a gentle incline and will walk you through thick pine forests.
- After crossing the iron bridge, the landscaped will transform into villages and fields.
- You will constantly hear the flowing River Parvati noise, which is easily visible from Barshaini.
- Trekkers will also witness many waterfalls along their way.
- Take a small halt at Rudra Nag, and capture the beauty.
- Take a rest at the campsite in Kheerganga.
- After that, take a jump in the Parvati Kund Kheerganga, the hot water spring. It is the highlight of the entire trek.
- Before going to your tents, enjoy a delicious meal to satisfy your taste buds.
Day 2 – Return trek to Barshaini
- Before starting the return trek, make sure to wake up early in the morning to enjoy the serenity of the mountains. Capture the stunning sunrise view, and treat your eyes to those views.
- Have breakfast, and pack your things.
- On the way back, you will come across Rudra Nag and Nakthan towns. Stay here for a while, and get some additional supplies.
Also Read: Things to Do in Kasol
Things To Know Before Trekking
- Check out the Kheerganga trek time for starting the trek.
- Take warm clothes with you because it gets cold at night.
- You will not find any ATMs after Kasol, so carry extra cash with you.
- Pack some medicines for cold, cough, and fever in case of any emergency.
- Don’t forget to take your camera to capture some breathtaking views.
- Keep energy bars with you that will provide enough energy while trekking.
- Wear comfortable shoes to avoid any problems.
Pack your bags now, and get ready for an adventurous Kheerganga trek. Relax amidst nature, and have an outstanding experience.
1. How long does it take to complete Kheerganga Trek?
Kheerganga trek take about 5 to 6 hours to compete
2. Is Kheerganga trek for beginners?
Yes, it is a easy trek and beginners can easily reach the spot in 5 to 6 hours.
3. Is Parvati Valley and Kheerganga same?
Kheerganga is a serene meadow which is situated at 2960 m in Parvati valley
4. Is there snowfall in Kheerganga?
Yes, snowfall starts in the month of December to February.