Are you an adventure junkie who loves to go on hiking, trekking, and camping? If you have been dreaming of an amazing trekking experience, then the Bhrigu Lake trek is the right choice for you. It is a high-altitude glacial lake that is 22 km from Manali. It is an easy 4-day trek, and you will witness some breathtaking views along your trek. You will have to climb 14,000 ft. to complete the trek and enjoy mind-blowing thrills and adventures.
Bhrigu Lake is one of the fascinating treks in Himachal Pradesh and allows tourists to see verdant meadows, spectacular scenes, a high-altitude alpine lake, and everything else your heart desires for. Ready for trekking? First, explore this guide for all the required details.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Overview
Bhrigu Lake Trekking Quick Facts
Apart from all the facts, one of the highlights of this trek is changing the colours of the lake every season. In summers, the lake’s colour is blue, while in late summers, it turns its beauty to emerald green.
|Bhrigu Lake Trek Height||14,100 ft|
|Start Point/End Point of Trip||Old Manali|
|Bhrigu Lake Trek Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Trekking Gradient||Steep incline throughout the trail|
|Trek Duration||4 days|
|Bhrigu Lake Trek Distance||26 km|
Also Read: Kheerganga Trek
Best Time For Bhrigu Lake Trekking
Although trekking is always challenging, but it is still one of the top priorities. Trekkers love the adrenaline charge it offers to them. You can go trekking from mid-May till the mid of October, but the best time is before June and after August. From June to August, there are chances of rain. Therefore, the probability of landscape is quite higher. So plan your trek accordingly to enjoy your experience to the fullest.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Itinerary
Before starting any trek, it is a must for you to make an itinerary before. As mentioned above, the best time for Bhrigu Lake trek is before June and after August, so plan your trekking at this time. You will need 4 days to complete this trek.
Day 1 – Reach Manali Base Camp
- Firstly, you need to complete the registration process once you reach Manali.
- Take some rest at the camp you booked, and after that try some adventurous activities.
- Explore the nearby area like Old Manali Town to look at the local lifestyle.
- Enjoy some food in the evening, and come back at night to relax at the campsite.
Day 2 – Drive to Kulang and Trek to Moridugh
- Have a fulfilling breakfast, and leave for Kulang. It is 12 km away from Manali. Kulang is the starting point of Bhrigu Lake Trek.
- After that, start trekking to Moridugh and make your way up the mountain through a few stream crossings – Kohli Nallah and Chor Nallah.
- However, the trek is mostly uphill, but you will find some long flat stretches to catch your breath.
- Enjoy some free time in the evening after reaching Moridugh.
- At night, you can lie under the blanket of stars to connect with nature.
- Stay in dome tents for the night.
Also Read: Hampta Pass Trek Guide
Day 3 – Trek to Bhrigu Lake
- Have an early breakfast, and get ready for an adventurous day. Don’t forget to pack your lunch. After that, leave for Bhrigu Lake.
- You will walk through a dense silver oak forest for the first two hours.
- After reaching a height of 10,000 ft., meadows start, and forests end. Here you will witness the beauty of a vast expanse of lush greens. The Bhrigu Lake Trek difficulty is moderate, and you will not face any problems reaching the lake.
- Once you reach Bhrigu Lake, check out the beauty of this scintillating alpine lake. Click some photographs to cherish the memories forever.
- Have your lunch and descent to the campsite.
- Once you reach the campsite, relax for the rest of the day.
Day 4 – Descend to Kulang
- After having a satisfying breakfast, start descending towards Kulang Village.
- Now, head back to Manali, and your trekking ends at this point.
- Go back to your home with splendid memories of this captivating trekking experience.
Why Bhrigu Lake Trek?
- Bhrigu Lake trekking is one of the most amazing treks in Manali. Additionally, it is easily accessible from Manali.
- The trek is suitable for beginners as well because the difficulty level is easy to moderate.
- You will experience some jaw-dropping views of lush greenery while trekking to the lake.
- After climbing up, you will access a lake, which is worth making a visit. The lake changes its colour every season.
Also Read: Triund Trek 2022
Tips for Trekking
- If you are trekking for the first time, choose an easy route.
- Make sure to wear the correct footwear.
- Pack essential emergency items, such as bandages, a first-aid kit, and medication for fever, headache, etc.
- Keep torches with you with extra batteries.
- Carry a lightweight bag with you.
- Keep a sweater, rain gear, and woollen trousers with you.
Bhrigu Lake Trek is going to be a delightful experience for trekkers and nature lovers. Prepare yourself in advance, and immerse yourself in the lap of nature.
1. How long is the Bhrigu Lake Trek?
Bhrigu Lake trek distance is 26 km, so You need around 4 days to trek to Bhrigu Lake and come back.
2. Can Bhrigu Lake Trek be done alone?
Yes you can go this trek alone, but there are no source of water and food at any point, so please plan accordingly if you’re planning to go solo.
3. Is Bhrigu lake trek for beginners?
This trek difficulty level is easy to moderate, so this trek is perfect for beginners.
4. Is Bhrigu lake open in December?
In the month of December the whole region is covered with snow, so this trek starts from in the month of May and ends in October.