Himachal Day is celebrated on April 15 in Himachal Pradesh. It is celebrated in the memory of the creation of Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh statehood day is celebrated on January 25 because of given full state status.
Himachal Day and Himachal Statehood Day History
After the country’s independence, Himachal Pradesh was formed on April 15, 1948, as the Chief Commissioner’s Province. Later on January 25, 1950, Himachal was made a “C” category state, and then Himachal was declared a Union Territory on November 1, 1956.
In 1966, this state was reorganized by including the hilly part of Punjab in this union territory, and its area increased to 55,673 sq. km. After that, Parliament passed the Himachal Pradesh Act on December 18, 1970, and Himachal Pradesh was given full state status on January 25, 1971, and became the 18th state of the country. After that Himachal statehood day is celebrated on 25 January.
|Dates of Himachal Day||Dates of Himachal Statehood Day|
|April 15, 2023, Saturday||January 25, 2023, Wednesday|
|April 15, 2022, Friday||January 25, 2022, Tuesday|
|April 15, 2021, Thursday||January 25, 2021, Monday|
Also Read: Himachal Pradesh Dress
About Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is situated in the middle of the Western Himalayas; it is called Dev Bhoomi. It’s believed to be the abode of gods and goddesses here. There are many temples of stone and wood in the state of Himachal. The rich culture and traditions have made Himachal a unique state. The mountains, glaciers, shady valleys and towering pine trees, roaring rivers, and unique fauna together seem to compose melodious music for Himachal.
Himachal Pradesh is also known as the Land of Gods. The literal meaning of the ‘Himachal’ region is ‘zone of snowy mountains. The influence of Aryans in Himachal Pradesh is older than the Rigveda. After the Anglo-Gorkha War, it came under British rule. Until 1857, it remained a part of the state of Punjab under the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Punjab. In 1950, this state was made a union territory, but in 1971, under the ‘Himachal Pradesh State Act-1971’, it was made the 18th state of India on June 25, 1971. Now statehood day of Himachal Pradesh is celebrated on 25, January.
Also Read: Himachal Pradesh Fruits Name
Facts About Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh is a multicultural and multilingual state like other states of India.
- The word ‘Himachal’ is derived from two Sanskrit words, ‘Hima’ (snow) and ‘Aanchal’ (lap).
- Spectacular snow-capped Himachal Pradesh mountains range, some famous, like Dhauladhar Range, Pir Panjal, and Zanskar Valley.
- Hindi is the primary spoken language here, but many local languages are spoken in Himachal, such as Pahari, Mandyali, Jandri, Chambayali, Mahasu, Kangri, Kulvi, and Kinnauri.
- Himachal is famous for Tourism and Agriculture.
- The Kalka-Shimla Railway, often called the ”toy train”, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The orchards are widely spread in Himachal. Himachal is also known as the fruit bowl of the country.
- Many Fairs and Festivals are celebrated in Himachal Pradesh. The festivals here are Pori, Lohri, Holi, Kullu Dussehra, Basao, Goga Navami, Losar, Rakhi, and Diwali.
Happy Himachal Day Celebration
Himachal Day is celebrated every year with great pomp. Every year thousands of people participate on the ground. On the occasion of Himachal statehood day, grand parades, programs, and colorful cultural programs are organized throughout the state till noon.
State Police, Home Guards, and NCC Cadets present their march, after which the Governor of the State hoists the National Flag and takes the salute of the March Past at the State Level Himachal Day Celebrations.
1. In which month is Himachal day celebrated?
Himachal Day is celebrated in the year 2023 on 15 April, Staurday, in Himachal Pradesh.
2. Which day is celebrated as Pahari divas (Statehood Day of Himachal Pradesh)?
Pahari divas is always celebrated on 25 January, in this day Himachal become the 18th state of India.
3. What is the capital of Himachal Pradesh?
Shimla is the capital of HImachal, But in winter Dharamsala is considered the capital.