If you’re planning for a quality, unforgettable family vacation with kids, you can trust Dubai to be an ultimate vacation spot. You’ll find all sorts of child-centric activities and experiences imaginable in Dubai. So as it turns out, come discover some of the best things to do in Dubai with your little ones, which we’ve categorized as per your kids’ interest.
THE DUBAI MALL- IT’S WORTH SPENDING A DAY OR TWO WITH YOUR KIDS
If you think that the world’s biggest mall is just for shoppers, the reality is that it’s an absolute venue for families and kids as well.
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Kids would definitely love its massive 10-million-liter water tank which shelters over 33,000 marine creatures including sharks, rays etc. Spread over two levels, its other sections such as 48-meter-long underwater tunnel and underwater zoo with specialized programs like Junior Aquarist and Senior Aquarist programs are equally awe-inspiring. Now for those baulk spending money for entry tickets, the good news is that you can view a part of its aquarium tank absolutely free of cost.
- KidZania: This one-of-its-kind edutainment park is a dream-come-true venue for your kids looking to role-play their favorite adult job. With all facilities and infrastructure of a well-developed city, this is especially designed for kids aged between 2 to 16 years. Adults may not be allowed here, but one thing is sure that your adorable ones will enjoy to the core as they explore this miniature city on their own while selecting from 70 real-life activities.
- VR Dubai: Traveling with your kids over 10 years? They would be happy to step into this immersive world of VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality), with some high-end rides and gaming attractions like Burj Drop, Dubai Drone, Dune Bash, Flying Chairs and Magic Bikes.
- Hysteria Dubai Mall: This is perfect for families with kids who want to indulge in a spooky adventure activity. Modeled like a haunted mansion, this will transport you to a world of mystery and terror. But a word of caution – refrain from this activity if anyone in your group has heart-related diseases or other serious medical conditions.
- Dubai Ice Rink: With specialized ice skating programs for your kids as little as four years, this Dubai Mall attraction allows your kids to enjoy a spin around the ice, interestingly even when the Dubai’s outdoor heat is at its peak.
- Dubai Dino: This denotes the skeleton of a sauropod dinosaurwhich roamed on the around earth during pre-historic times, almost 155 million years ago. This extraordinary relic is placed right in the middle of the mall for your little ones to see and catch up with it.
LET KIDS EXPERIENCE THE BEST EVER THEME PARK RIDES, GAMES & ATTRACTIONS
- IMG Worlds of Adventure: This is one of the world’s biggest indoor theme parks where both adults and kids (of almost all age groups) can enjoy a variety of rides all through the year. There are four amazing zones with attractions themed around Marvel superheroes, iconic cartoon characters and dinosaurs. And of course, don’t miss the Haunted Hotel at the IMG Boulevard.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts: If your kid is a hardcore theme park lover, a Dubai trip is unfinished without a trip to Dubai Parks and Resorts. It’s the region’s first integrated resort with three theme parks and a water park under one roof.
- Motiongate Dubai: This is the biggest of all theme parks in DPR and it stands out for its rides and games inspired by some of the legendary Hollywood movies.
- Bollywood Parks Dubai: True to its name, it brings the Indian culture and Hindi movies to life through its rides, lively shows etc themed around the all-time-favorite Bollywood movies.
- LEGOLAND Dubai: This LEGO-themed park is the go to destination for families with little ones from 2 to 12 years.
- LEGOLAND Water Park: Right next to LEGOLAND Dubai is this water park packed with some innovative water rides and slides.
- Mattel Play! Town: Placed in Dubai’s entertainment hub of City Walk, this is another attraction in Dubai where you can take your kids from two to ten years. With its theme reflecting the concept of Eduplay, it promises utmost fun and entertainment to your kids. Thanks to its unique themes and attractions based on the five Mattel characters, such as Bob the Builder, Barney, Fireman Sam, Angelina Ballerina, and Thomas and Friends.
TAKE YOUR KIDS TO DUBAI’S MUSEUMS FOR A DOSE OF HISTORY, CULTURE, FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Dubai Museum: This museum within the region’s oldest fort (Al Fahidi Fort) has some interesting arts and artifacts, which promises your little ones a worthwhile bout of the ancient Emirati lifestyle, traditions and culture.
- Museum of Illusion: Who told museums are just to house the arts and artifacts from the past? Visit Dubai’s Museum of Illusions which is also the biggest of its kind in the world. As its name indicates, you can expect to take in the most impossible and unusual experiences, thanks to its over 80 unusual exhibits. Yes, your kids would be thrilled to discover its attractions like Head on the Platter, Antigravity Room, and Vortex Tunnel.
- Dubai Police Museum: For your kids curious about the history of Dubai police force, this is the place to visit. It’s a segment of the Police Academy and has to its credit a spectrum of old photos, weapons etc on display.
VISIT DUBAI’S WATER PARKS & OTHER WATER BASED ATTRACTIONS
- Atlantis Aquaventure: Kids of all age groups is definite to adore this water park inside the lavish Atlantis, The Palm resort, placed at the crescent of the man-made Palm Jumeirah Island.
- Lost Chamber Aquarium: Adjacent to Aquaventure Water Park and a part of Atlantis, The Palm, this unique attraction is more than an aquarium, as it presents you with a slice of the mysterious Lost World of Atlantis.
- Laguna Water Park: Located at the beachfront destination of La Mer, this is Dubai’s newest water parks with some innovative water park rides and attractions such as the Gulf region’s first of its kind surfing attraction, WaveOz 180 FloRider.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Be it toddler, young or older kid, your little one is sure to delight in the endearing ever Dolphin and Seal Show held at Dubai Dolphinarium within the lush Dubai Creek Park.
ICONIC DUBAI EXPERIENCES TO ENJOY WITH KIDS
- Burj Khalifa: Probably no introduction is needed for this towering 828 meter structure which is also the tallest of its kind in the world. Take your kid to At the Top observatory on its 124th or 148thlevel where you can gift them with the best ever views over Dubai’s stunning skyline and beyond.
- The Dubai Fountain Show: Outside of the Dubai Mall and right next to Burj Khalifa is the Burj Lake where this exquisitely choreographed show of water, light and music takes place. Don’t miss this; you kid would love to watch this over and again. And why not? This is a free attraction which is displayed every 30 minutes after 18:00 hrs.
- Dhow Cruise: Let your kids admire Dubai from a different angle on a dhow cruise Dubai. Lasting for approximately two hours, this evening cruise will wind you down the waters of Dubai Marina or Dubai Creek (subject to your choice), allowing you to enjoy great views, finest food, and mindblowing entertainment all onboard.
COOLEST ACTIVITIES TO DO WITH KIDS
- Ski Dubai: At Ski Dubai inside Mall of the Emirates, treat your kids with the activities and experiences like no other. It allows your kids to enjoy all snow based activities and ride imaginable with a massive snow park filled with real snow. What’s more? They will even get to catch up with adorable penguins.
- Green Planet: Visit Green Planet at City Walk to experience lush greenery and cool settings in the middle of the desert city. This may be set completely indoors but it resplendently recreates the Amazon forest ecosystem. It boasts of the largest of its kind man-made tree which is a safe sanctuary for several unique plants, birds and animal species.
UNMISSABLE ACTIVITIES WITH KIDS OFF-ROAD
- Desert Safari: Joined by your curious kid or impulsive teen? They would be delighted to go on a desert safari full of heart-racing experiences. There is the electrifying 4X4 dune bash, along with a range of desert exclusive activities such as camel ride, sandboarding, quad biking etc. Choose an all-inclusive desert safari which also includes BBQ dining and traditional performances.
MORE ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS FOR KIDS
- Dubai Garden Glow: This garden inside Zabeel Park is worth a visit for its extraordinary edutainment concept, where all attractions or exhibits on display here are made using biodegradable materials. That’s not all; it also boasts of amazing segments such as the first of its kind Dinosaur Park, Ice Park, Magic Park and Art Park.
- Dubai Miracle Garden: Traveling to Dubai between November and March? Then be sure to spend a few hours in the aptly named Dubai Miracle Garden. The 72,000 square meter facility the world’s biggest natural garden and has more than 45 million flowers set in a variety of themes, shapes and patterns.
- Wonder Bus Tour: This terrific fun-filled activity aboard an amphibious wonder bus enables families and kids to see some of the city’s claims to fame from both land and water.
As we wind up this list, we hope that it would help you to plan a perfect holiday with your kids. Now if you’ve already been to Dubai on a family vacation, let us know the attractions or experiences that your kids enjoyed the most.