Planning a vacation is always an exciting task; however what adds twist in this excitement is some of the airline’s restrictions. One such restriction is the baggage allowance limit. Travelers can bring a limited number of bags on-board to avoid further hassle. Baggage allowance has been one of the most debatable issues since the very beginning of air travel. Airlines understand how much you want to pack while flying but owing to the technical safety of the aircraft, they have set a predefined limit. Well, if you wish to enjoy hassle-free traveling, then make United Airlines reservations right away and carry a decent amount of baggage along with you on the plane. United Airlines has loosened some of its baggage restrictions to facilitate the travelers. Check some of the rules and regulations related to the United’s baggage policy here and pack accordingly.
United Airlines Baggage Policy – Important Points to Know
Like all other airlines, United Airlines also has its well-defined baggage policy to ease the passengers. Below are mentioned some of the rules and regulations related to the United Airlines Baggage Policy. It is preferred to go through each and every condition before packing your bags for the trip.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Wanna carry handbags or any personal item on-board? Well, you can easily as United Airlines allows you to bring cabin baggage on-board. However, make sure that your item must fit within the predefined baggage allowance limit. On most of the United flights, you are allowed to carry one carry-on baggage and one personal item. Read the size and weight restrictions for the cabin baggage here.
- Your cabin bag must not exceed the dimensions of 9 in X 14 in X 22 in, including the wheels and handles.
- In addition to this, whatever cabin baggage you are bringing on-board must be fitted into the overhead bin.
- Along with the cabin baggage, you can also bring one personal item whose maximum dimensions must not exceed 9 in X 10 in X 17 in.
- The personal item can be a jacket, a handbag, an umbrella, a camera, food that you have bought from the airport, reading material and a lot more.
- Please note down the fact that you are allowed to bring one personal item if you are flying on a basic economy ticket.
- If you are a musical buff, then you can carry one musical instrument like violin, guitar etc. If it is placed in the overhead bin then it will be counted as the carry-on baggage and if you carry the same on your lap then it’ll be counted as the personal item.
Checked Baggage Allowance
After knowing the complete details of the carry-on baggage, now it’s time to learn about the checked baggage norms and policies. There are multiple factors that can influence the United Airlines checked baggage allowance limit such as the cabin class in which you are traveling, frequent flyer membership and lots more. Let’s find out some of the rules and norms related to the checked baggage allowance here.
- If you are traveling in the United Economy Class, then you can carry a bag of maximum 23kg.
- However, if you are flying in the United Business/ United First/ United Polaris Business Class, then you are allowed to carry a bag of maximum 32kg.
- The maximum dimensions of each bag you are carrying must not exceed 62 inches, including both wheels and handles.
- If you are traveling for a personal reason, then you can carry three bags; however, if you are traveling for the official reason, then you can bring 5 maximum bags each of 45kg.
Oversized and Overweight Baggage
Want to carry more? Well, if your baggage has exceeded the preset baggage allowance limit, then extra charges will be applicable for the same. Before proceeding further, let’s define overweight and oversized baggage. Those bags which cross the maximum weight limit are known as overweight baggage and those which exceed the maximum dimensions are called oversized baggage. For more information, you can also dial United Airlines reservations phone number and get to know about all important factors. Now, have a look at the rules and conditions associated with the same.
- Passengers cannot carry the baggage whose maximum total dimension exceeds 115 inches or 292 cm.
- United Airlines will not accept bags whose maximum weight exceeds 100 pounds or 45 kg. However, there is an exception. You are allowed to carry the musical instruments up to the maximum weight of 165 pounds or 75kg.
- Before packing an additional bag, please note down the fact that United Airlines will accept extra bags only and only enough space is available on the aircraft. The airline doesn’t guarantee accepting extra bags all the time.
- To know the cost of the additional baggage, you can use the cost calculator in which you will have to add departure airport, arrival airport, cabin class, and departure date.